Would you like to get your college email, contacts and calendar on your iPhone, Blackberry or Android phone? The directions below will help you do this. We have created directions for a few popular phones but it is not possible to do this for every phone. The settings should be similar but if you are having problems please contact the Help Desk for assistance. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
You should be aware of a couple of things before you begin. If you are asked or choose to sync your calendar or contacts make sure you understand what you are doing. On some phones this may overwrite your existing contacts and calendar entries. We cannot help you get these items back so be sure you want to make these setting changes. You should be able to connect to the College email system and your personal account but every phone is different so be sure to read all messages and warnings on your phone. The other thing to know is about your password. In a minute you will be resetting your Google Apps password. You will then need to enter this password into your phone. This password can only be used for connecting to DVC Apps via a mobile device or an email client like Microsoft Outlook or Mozilla Thunderbird. When accessing DVC Apps from a web page you will continue to use the same password that you were previously using.
Once again, if you are confused about any of this or if you have questions, please contact the Help Desk for assistance. (email@example.com)
- Go to https://pfproxy.delval.edu/pf/adapter2adapter.ping?TargetResource=https://pfproxy.delval.edu/gapps-password-manager/ResetPassword. This link will open in a new window or tab. When you are done with this section you can close the window and continue on with the directions.
- You may be asked to log in. Use the same password that you have been using to access the email system.
- You should now be asked if you would like to reset your Google Apps password. Click OK if you would like to proceed. Remember, this does not change the password that you use to access DVC apps through a web page. It will only be used for mobile devices and email clients.
- You will then be given your password. Write this password down or print out this page. This password is case sensitive so make sure you write it down carefully. You can always reset your password again if you have issues or need it again.
- You can close this window.
- Setting up each mobile device is different. There is usually a settings sections where you can add a new email account. You will need the information below. If you need help please let us know and we will try to help. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- DVC Settings
- Email Address = Your email address
- Server = m.google.com
- User Name = Your email address
- Password = The password you wrote down or printed out in Step 1.
- Here is a link to generic instructions that Google has already set up. These instructions may be different than what you see on your mobile device. These instructions also only show you how to get email on your mobile device.
- If you would like to sync your email, calendar and contacts you will have to do things a bit differently. On iPhones, this requires that you use the Microsoft ActiveSync Connector. Here are the directions from Apple on this type of configuration. Please be careful when syncing your contacts and calendar. You may inadvertently overwrite your existing contacts if you are not careful.